[Freeswitch-users] alpha-numeric password

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Tue May 4 05:00:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm very new to Freeswitch - I want to move from Asterisk to Freeswitch
for my home VoIP switch.

In Asterisk sip.conf I have defined extensions like this

[201]
type=friend
username=201
secret=mypass
<...SNIP...>

If I create ${FREESWITCH_CONF}/directory/default/201.xml starting like this:

<include>
  <user id="201">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="mypass"/>
<...SNIP...>

and just change the server the phone connects to to be my new freeswitch
server then the phone cannot authentcate:

2010-05-04 11:48:28.936358 [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1030 SIP auth failure
(REGISTER) on sofia profile 'internal' for [201 at 10.0.0.10] from ip
10.0.0.228

But if I set the value element of the password param to a number and
also change the password in the phone to that number then the phone will
authenticate.

Does freeswitch only allow numeric passwords for SIP phones? I can't see
a definition on the freeswitch web site for what is valid for a
password, and all my Googling has failed too :-(

I'd _like_ to keep the passwords unchanged, but I can live with changing
them if needed. I was just wondering if I missed something on the
freeswitch web site.

Thanks in advance.

--
Mark