[Freeswitch-users] mobile phone clients / fs cluster

Phillip Jones pjintheusa at gmail.com
Mon May 3 12:52:39 PDT 2010

Tod,

Thanks for your reply:

>>> The 3G networks are just like connecting wirelessly to the internet.
Depending on your provider, your phone gets an internet addressable address,
or just an internal network address which is NATed before going to the
internet

It appears to me that the if a mobile device contacts FS1,  the mobile
device accepts ip packets from FS1. But NOT from FS2. And vice versa.

The invite from FS1 and FS2 are exactly the same (except for the IP address
of course).

So let me ask, can a mobile device receive unsolicited packets from the
Internet? Or are these restricted? If they are restricted, the above makes
sense.

Pj