[Freeswitch-users] Registration ODBC feeded by another registrar proxy

Rod. kawarod at laposte.net
Mon May 3 10:06:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for your answer and just some details to describe what I'm
looking for.
I have to register 25 000 subscribers, no NAT is involved, each
equipment has its own IP address.
These equipments are registering every 60 seconds on our current
platform, but I can change this parameter if needed.
Equipments are ADSL CPE (router), that's why I'm using 60sec cause
flapping could happen very often with ADSL if the copper line is crappy.
ADSL could be very unpredictable sometimes.
As I don't want to delay too much forwarding to voicemail if a user is
unavailable (network issue), 60 sec was chosen (bandwith is not an
issue). But as I told before, I'm open to your suggestions.

To Philip, using a single SIP proxy (opensips/ser...) in front of a FS
cluster could be a single point of failure too.
I think that maybe a solution using DNS SRV to distribute the load
across a cluster could do the trick or some kind of LVS (virtual IP
shared across many servers)
XML curl is a good idea too.
To be honest, clustering is a must to avoid a single point of failure,
but FS performance as a SBC are really great even on commodity hardware,
more than 100 CallPerSecond with no transcoding. That's why I think that
a mix with a SIP registrar and FS (and redundancy) could easily handle
my 25 000 subscribers. I did some lab (one or 2 years ago) with Kamailio
registering 90 000 users every 60sec (1500 Registration per second)
without any issues.
In my network, 25 000 users are not pushing more than 10 CPS and 500
simultaneous call. I'm not doing VoIP termination.

At the moment, I'm just collecting data/feedback on what could be done
as I have some time to work on this project, and if going further I will
share the configuration as I did before:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SBC_Setup (not the best setup, but hope
it helps users to begin with FS)

regards,
rod.