[Freeswitch-users] External SIP profile

Kurt Ward kward at binarysignal.com
Mon May 3 09:30:55 PDT 2010

Maybe this is a bit of an uneducated noob question (or
misunderstanding about SIP) but here goes:

If I have an external profile set up and registering, does it
essentially behave like a soft phone would behave?

What I am running into is incoming calls work fine, but outgoing calls
always produce a 404.  If I use a soft phone using the same
registration I can make calls with no problem (in both scenarios the
calls are to/from 4 digit extensions on a Mitel PBX).