[Freeswitch-users] Trouble With 'transfer' DP and Async Event Socket

Joe Crivello [VT] Joe at vsutech.net
Mon May 3 08:40:53 PDT 2010

Hello list,

I am currently working on a conference bridge based on FreeSWITCH that

allows some conference members to dial out to a prompted number.

Currently my implementation binds * in conference.xml to the "transfer"

action, leading to a dial plan extension that runs an async full outgoing

event socket. My application serving the event socket does the following:

1) Verifies the user is allowed to dial out, and writes a record to the

database.

2) Retrieves the number to be dialed with 'play_and_get_digits'

3) Bridges the call to the dialed number

4) Waits for the a-leg to press star

5) Uses 'transfer' to transfer both legs back to the conference

Everything works up to step #5, which does nothing.

There is no NOTICE outputted to the console indicating that a transfer is

taking place and neither leg is rejoined to the conference.

I get a normal event back after the transfer sendmsg:

Event-Name: SOCKET_DATA

Reply-Text: %2BOK

If I subscribe to all events before running the transfer and receive events

in a loop, I receive nothing but routine RE_SCHEDULE and CALL_UPDATE events

after the transfer.

I am using ESL to communicate with FreeSWITCH, and prior to running any of

steps #1-5 I set the event lock to true. The line from the dial plan

extension that calls my application follows:

<action application="socket" data="172.18.11.1:8001 async full" />

Any ideas? Perhaps I'm "doing it wrong"? I am very new to FS.

Thanks!

Joe Crivello