[Freeswitch-users] mod_voicemail modifications

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Mar 19 14:39:55 PDT 2010

Anybody out there know the inner workings of the voice mail module?

It looks like I may have to modify the source code to make it do what I want.  It's so close, but I
can't quite get it to work.

I need to change it so that the voicemail_greeting_number channel variable is used to set the
greeting path, but is NOT stored back in the sql database.

I would also like to change it so that choosing the option to e-mail the message does not mark it as
deleted.  I imagine I will get many angry phone calls if I put it into production this way.  The
prompt doesn't tell you that the message will be deleted if you e-mail it, and not all of my users
have e-mail set up correctly.  I would prefer messages not to be deleted unless delete is explicitly
pressed.

I'm pretty new to programming, but I would like to give it a try (unless anyone else out there knows
a better way).

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I mostly want to know where the sql gets updated when
the variable is set.  That wasn't obvious when I looked through the code.

In terms of the e-mail causing the deletion, it looks like the e-mail routine is run in-line with
the delete routine, so I'm not sure if they can be separated easily.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

-Tim