[Freeswitch-users] Open source softphone that can handle g729

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:43:28 PDT 2010

We're looking for an open source softphones that can handle g729 that we can
extend with extra functionality (connecting to other applications, and
things on the intranet.)

Does anyone have any they'd suggest?

Brian West suggested FSComm with the qualifier "it still needs more work" -
has anyone used it much (especially in windows), or know what it's
development status is? (Looking in the source browser jmesquita spent a lot
of time on it in January, but not much since.)

Cheers,
Fraser