[Freeswitch-users] ProxyMedia Unable to hear voice

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Mar 19 06:20:59 PDT 2010

Because you can't use Proxy Media in this case.  You do realize that FreeSWITCH by default will proxy the media thru the switch.  Proxy media is a different ball of wax and has exact ONE USE CASE.  Anyone using Proxy media and isn't doing T.38/UDPTL needs to stop using it.  Its only for T.38 passthru so that FreeSWITCH doesn't look at the contents of the packet and just passes them along.

1. Default Media Passes thru FreeSWITCH and parses the RTP packets up into the switch.

2. Proxy Media passes thru FreeSWITCH but FreeSWITCH can't touch the media because it could be formats we don't know about ie UDPTL

3. Bypass Media keeps the signaling on FreeSWITCH but makes the media go P2P.

The bottom line is YOU SHOULDN'T BE USING PROXY MEDIA.

/b