[Freeswitch-users] Video pass problem

Mikhail Krivushin m.krivushin at imarto.net
Fri Mar 19 02:22:35 PDT 2010

We use two different OSes - stable debian and bleeding edge ubuntu, but
problem live in both.
I think problem not in bleeding edge OS, but in way of processing rtp by FS.
I'm not sure, but think problem in renumerating of rtp packets in video
processing in mod_h26x.

If we have video problems with lost packets, after FS we have not this info,
its mascarade losts by renumerating. And, I suppose, decoding part cant
understand video with masacarding of lost frames.

All work fine with proxy mode, now, after small patching of old hack in
switch_rtp.c, tnx to anthm. But my billing module dont work in proxy mode
now, and I hear that proxy mode is hack for t.38.

2010/3/5 Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com>

> double check if the behavior on this is the same with svn trunk of
> FreeSWITCH on something other than a bleeding edge operating system.
>
> Mike
>
> On Feb 25, 2010, at 7:59 AM, Mikhail Krivushin wrote:
>
> Hello! We have problem with pass video over FreeSWITCH. I tshark traf, and
> see that we have 1280 video packets input, and only 560 passed to B leg.
> Anyone can point me to right direction? I can send pcap file by request.
>
> Most time I have black screen, and then one frame can appear, and I see
> frozen picture pair minutes, and then other frozen picture. We have not
> network issues, we have good video, when bypass FS. We have not perfomance
> troubles to.
>
> We have ubuntu 9.10 x64, and powerfull server board. uname:
> Linux fs 2.6.31-17-generic #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 17:01:44 UTC 2009
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> config:
>   <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=BV32,BV16,speex at 8000h
> @20i,speex at 16000h@20i,speex at 32000h
> @20i,PCMU,PCMA,GSM,H264,H263,H263-1998,H263-2000,H261"/>
>   <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=BV32,BV16,speex at 8000h
> @20i,speex at 16000h@20i,speex at 32000h
> @20i,PCMU,PCMA,GSM,H264,H263,H263-1998,H263-2000,H261"/>

С уважением, Кривушин Михаил
г. Томск сот. +7 913 865 78 66