[Freeswitch-users] Attrafax

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Mar 8 15:28:50 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Klaus Hochlehnert <Mailings at kh-dev.de>wrote:

>  Me too. I’d also like to see it die.
>

> But honestly I know a lot of small and medium business companies that
> really rely on faxing.
>
> And for some parts it’s much easier than using email. Just say if you get a
> piece of paper from your tax office and want to send it to your tax
> consultant.
>
> - Put it in the fax and send it
>
> or
>
> - Scan this piece of paper, save it to the disk, find it (which is btw the
> most challenging part for most people) and

Or get a device that will just do the scan & email in one fell swoop. You
could even encrypt before sending and then the person would have to contact
you to get the key before opening it. Not 100% foolproof but it would
prevent the silly, oops, I sent your personal information to the wrong email
address/fax machine. Just think, you could have the convenience of a fax and
relatively secure storage of incoming and outgoing transmissions. Of course,
wanting to cling to 1970's technology is something I can understand. Who
wouldn't want to keep all those Bee Gees and Abba LP's?

-MC