[Freeswitch-users] How to tell if a call timed out

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Mon Mar 1 13:34:15 PST 2010

I'm using the originate command from Erlang, specifying a timeout of 30
seconds.  It is properly giving up on dialing, but it's still returning
a call UUID instead of an error/timed out status.

How can I query Freeswitch to determine whether the call was answered or
timed out, without resorting to the event interface?  (I could put
together a dialplan that calls the event interface after doing the
originate, but from what I've seen that event interface won't execute if
the previous command "fails", such as when I did a play_and_get_digits
timing out.)

--
Mark Sobkow
Senior Developer