[Freeswitch-users] Possible typo on Openzap.conf wiki page specifying fxs/fxo-channels

François Legal devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Mon Mar 1 00:10:24 PST 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:11:33 +1100, Brian May
<brian at microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> On 24 February 2010 20:25, François Legal <devel at thom.fr.eu.org> wrote:
>> I use sangoma card and the openzap file is generated by the Setup
script
>> from sangoma driver.
>> It seems that the terminology used by zaptel is not used in wanpipe
>> configuration.
>
> Yes, that is correct.
>
>> I have an A400 card with an FXO module (providing ports 11 and 12) and
an
>> FXS module (providing ports 9 and 10)
>>
>> My openzap.conf is like this :
>>
>> [span wanpipe FXS]
>> name => Analog phone 1
>> number => 9000
>> fxs-channel => 1:9
>> name => Analog phone 2
>> number => 9001
>> fxs-channel => 1:10
>>
>> [span wanpipe FXO]
>> name => POTS line 1
>> number => 1234567890
>> fxo-channel => 1:11
>> name => POTS line 2
>> number => 0987654321
>> fxo-channel => 1:12
>
> So ports 9 and 10 are actually FXO ports - extension ports; ports 11
> and 12 are FXS ports, or telephone lines. This is what I have been
> saying.
>
> Oh, wait, no it isn't. Looks like I was confused. :-(
>
> It matches my config however.
>
> Hopefully this fixed the problems with the wiki:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/index.php?title=Openzap.conf_Examples&diff=18693&oldid=18491

On that point, that looks correct (maybe it would make it clearer with a
sentence between parenthesis sayin "using FXO/FXS signaling").

> My guess is that this change is needed also (not absolutely sure here):

On this one, I would have to check in the code. I don't know if the span
order here makes a difference (my guess is no).

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/index.php?title=Openzap.conf_Examples&diff=18694&oldid=18693