[Freeswitch-users] mod_erlang_event problem

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 00:02:18 PDT 2010

Ok, this is getting pretty confusing.

>> So you use both mechanisms on a box with older freeswitch and erlang and
>> both work fine? Can you narrow it down by matching versions on one side
>> (freeswitch might be best) and see if the bug goes away/comes back? Its
>> possible the new erlang releases have changed something in ei, but its
>> more likely that I broke something in FreeSWITCH. What are the versions
>> of FS/erlang on the box that works?
>
> Yes, both mechanisms work on other box. It is Debian Lenny, 64 bit.
> Erlang is installed from Debian packages, it is 12B03. As for
> freeswitch, it is a little bit difficult to tell its version. I was
> installing it from svn repository, and can't tell exactly what
> revision that was. May be 16041, but definitely before 17000. version
> command reports just 'FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.trunk (hacked)'. I'll try
> compiling 16041 on Red Hat machine and tell you the results.

I can't get freeswitch and erlang play together even on old (working)
server. It *has* a working installation of freeswitch and erlang
(debian packages) that works. What I cannot do - is install another
freeswitch on this same machine and make it work with either system
provided erlang (R12B03) nor latest R13B04. I have tried newest
freeswitch from git, and old revision 16041 from svn with both
erlangs. Both exhibit exact same behaviour - call is disconnected, log
file says 'got pid!' and 'exit erlang_outbound_session'.

I am completely confused. Banging my head against the wall.. :)

Any suggestions?

Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov at jabber.ru