[Freeswitch-users] Erlang Examples

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Thu Jun 24 09:08:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:52:28AM -0500, David Swardstrom wrote:
> I have been using JavaScript to handle a Conferencing application that started
> with the conf-ivr.js example program but is significantly more complex.
> This has been fun even though I had never used JavaScript before this year.
>
> However, there are things that seem to not be possible using JavaScript.
> I need to interact with several web based applications for several reasons
> and also need to provide some time based interactions with FreeSwitch and/or
> artifacts (Database entries, files of recorded conferences, etc).
>
> We (RemoteLink) have decided that the best solution for this support is
> to use an Erlang program and mod_erlang_event. So now I need to learn
> another language.
>
> But one thing that I do not find one the FreeSWITCH site is any Erlang examples.
> Are there some sample programs available such as one that would look for
> a certain type of event and print it out?
>
> I have found some semi-samples in the freeswitch-users archives but am somewhat
> ambivalent about using any of these without permission.

The people at idapted posted this example:

http://developer.idapted.com/2010/04/22/build-complex-freeswitch-ivr-in-erlang/

Also, you can look at the OpenACD code, as it uses mod_erlang_event
extensively (that's what I wrote it for):

http://github.com/Vagabond/OpenACD

Look specifically at the freeeswitch files under src.

Finally, there's a freeswitch.erl file included in the freeswitch tree
that is a wrapper around the modules's API (OpenACD makes a lot of use
of this module).

Andrew