[Freeswitch-users] Understanding mod_shout "licensing"

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Jun 23 08:56:49 PDT 2010

Since we don't distribute or build mod_shout in any binary form... its not our job to police the patent's.  Thats you the end users responsibility.  You build it.. you load it... its on you.

We have ZERO interest in any patent and licensing of MP3 in FreeSWITCH as a product.  mod_shout uses two external libs that are downloaded and built against when YOU build it.

/b