[Freeswitch-users] Number of codecs offerred in SDP

Mark Campbell-Smith mcampbellsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 05:43:25 PDT 2010

Check this good wiki page for how FS negotiates codecs (early
negotiation default):
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codec_Negotiation

I have this set in my internal profile:
    <param name="codec-prefs" value="$${global_codec_prefs}"/>

and as stated before vars.xml:
 <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=G729,PCMU,GSM"/>
 <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=G729,PCMU,GSM"/>

Setting late negotiation works (thanks Sergey), but reading the wiki
page, I see the following sentence, which I interpret that GSM should
still be sent:
When FS calls leg B, the list of codecs in outbound-codec-prefs for
the SIP profile is reorganized by pushing the codec negotiated above
for leg A at the top . If B does not accept any of the codecs, the
calls fails, obviously.