[Freeswitch-users] Snom & SCA weirdness

Jesse Peterson jesse at mactechs.com
Fri Jun 18 11:07:31 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've been playing with the SCA/SLA features ("manage-shared-appearance"/Broadsoft style) and have noticed some definite oddities with regard to our Snom phones (mostly 300's and 370's).

Particularly how the buttons behave on the phones. I've tried different phone firmware (7.1.x, 7.3.x, 8.2.x, etc.) with all seemingly this same weird pattern: when a "Shared Line" button is selected that button's light turns on, but also the button LED two up gets turned on, too. E.g. If I had button 3 as a shared line, and I pushed it to make a call, LED 3 would light up but LED 1 would also light up. It appears as though the other phones sharing have a similar oddity where they'll very briefly light up the +2 LED but then it will go off and the correct shared-line button LED will turn on. This is with the FreeSwitch 1.6 release on a Mac OS X 10.6.4 machine.

Does anybody have Snom & SCA/SLA working well and reliably? With which firmware and phones exactly? FreeSwitch trunk or release? Have there been improvements recently?

Thanks!
- Jesse

P.S. Please Reply-All as I subscribe to the digest and may not immediately receive replies. Thank you.