[Freeswitch-users] How to enable mod_skypopen without sound card

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Thu Jun 17 10:52:22 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:40 AM, k xd <kouxiaodong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I setup freeswitch in a window server and then startup 2 skype clients,
> however when I call registered skype user, I got this message "Contact can
> only receive IMs". The server doesn't have sound card. So I guess that when
> registered skype users try to transfer the incoming call, because of no
> sound card it terminated the call directly.
> Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

A windows server has no way (that I know) to fake a soundcard (as
opposed to the snd-dummy "fake" audio driver in Linux), and the Skype
clients check if there is a soundcard available, and refuse to do
audio if a soundcard is not available (is stupid, but is like that).

So, your only option is to add a soundcard to the server, a cheap
dongle format USB soundcard would do as well (the soundcard is not
used for anything, but the Skype client check about its existance).

-giovanni

> Thanks,
> Will

Sincerely,