[Freeswitch-users] Merge two calls

Puskás Zsolt errotan at elder.hu
Thu Jun 17 07:56:06 PDT 2010

2010. június 17. 02.24.08 dátummal benxmy az alábbiakat írta:
> Hi,
> I'm quite new to freeswitch and voip, so this may be in some way a noob
> question but I've dug through a lot of the freeswitch docs and done quite a
> bit of searching and haven't figured it out yet.
>
> We're creating a relatively straightforward VoIP system to be used entirely
> internally (ex: users can only connect with other registered users within
> our system) and we'd like to be able to combine combine two calls into a
> single audio stream to the user without the two calls hearing each other.
> For example, if I'm talking to Mike on line 1 and I'm talking to Erin on
> line 2, is there a way for me to hear both Erin and Mike simultaneously but
> for them not to hear each other?
>
> Alternatively, is there a straightforward way to simply merge the calls
> into a conference-type experience where we all hear each other without the
> user explicitly setting up a conference call?
>
> Any and all input is greatly appreciated, as I'm up to my ears in
> freeswitch but have approximately zero experience with it!
>
> Ben

Hi.

What is the point of talking to 2 person while they can't hear each other ?
For example when you say a sentence to person "A" and he replies back with
lots of sentences how person "B" knows when he can talk if he can't hear
person "A"? Person "B" starts talking while person "A" so you can't understand
a word. This would only confuse people...