[Freeswitch-users] G729 Licenses

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Thu Jun 17 05:24:10 PDT 2010

1) no
2) yes, but it is not just "move them" -- you have to fill out a form
documenting that old equipment is decomissioned and are limited to the max
times you move
3) a licence will be used for each encode/decode channel needed.  a/b being
g729 with no other requirements will not use a licence.  Anything that uses
a media bug (eg: recording, eavesdrop, tone detect) or that interacts
directly with the media (voicemail, ivr) will eat licenses.  If you are
eavesdropping with a g729 endpoint that'll eat another.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:34 AM, stephen at stephenjc <stephen at stephenjc.com
> wrote:

> I had some questions about the G729 licenses.
>
> 1- Can they be shared between installs?
> 2- Can licenses be moved?
> 2- If both my A and B legs are G729 will a license only be used when they
> are using IVR?
> 3- In the same scenario above will a license be used if i am recording a
> call.
>

> Thanks,
> Stephen C
> -All of my email addresses go to the same place
> -Save Paper, think before you print

-Rupa