[Freeswitch-users] How to continue call even if recording fails?

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Wed Jun 16 14:20:06 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:33:42PM -0500, Brian West wrote:
> Just to clarify the reason the call fails is for consistency... Your app is broken if it doesn't make sure the directory is there.... What if this was a case where the phone call could save a client from a HUGE lawsuit and your application failed to actually do anything?  See the reasoning?

Conversely, what if you'd merely like to make a 'best effort' attempt to
record the call, because the call is making you lots of money or AVOID
this fabled huge lawsuit. Sometimes drives fill up, disks get unmounted,
etc and no dialplan magic is going to save you.

Personally I hate it when FS drops a call because recording failed, or I
tried to uuid_broadcast a nonexistant file, or whatever.

Andrew