[Freeswitch-users] New provider based on asterisk instructions (xnet/worldxchange in New Zealand)

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 04:20:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new provider, based on the instructions they've
provided for Asterisk. I'm primarily interested in inbound calls for now.

I've set up new providers a couple of times before, but my guesswork isn't
working out this time.

I'm getting a 404 error.

The instructions say:

Edit your Sip_additional.conf file and add the following:
[VFX]
type=peer
fromuser=DIDnumber
host=pan.wxnz.net
insecure=invite,port
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
secret=PASSWORD
username=USERID

register=DIDnumber:PASSWORD:USERID at pan.wxnz.net/DIDnumber

I suspect the problem is to do with the register line, any ideas on how to
set that up in FreeSwitch? Or any other suggestions of settings I ought to
try changing?

Cheers,
Fraser