[Freeswitch-users] How to limit call attemp time?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 14 12:43:17 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Sergey Okhapkin
<sos at sokhapkin.dyndns.org>wrote:

> However I think it's FS bug. call_timeout should wait for answer,
> regardless
> of early media.

I'm not sure that statement is correct. The purpose of the call_timeout
variable is documented here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#call_timeout

Perhaps you needed this var:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#bridge_answer_timeout

According to the description, it sounds exactly like what you were asking
about.

Also, you can attack this problem from a totally different angle but using
execute_on_answer:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_execute_on_answer

And then you can do whatever you want for 20 seconds (or however long) and
if the far end never answers then you can move on and handle the no answer
condition.

-MC