[Freeswitch-users] Two bridged FreeSWITCH servers - both in bypass_media mode - possible?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Mon Jun 14 08:27:50 PDT 2010

Vitali,

  You can call anything whatever you want.  However, the purpose of
any language is to effectively communicate meaning to others.  Calling
FreeSWITCH a "SIP Proxy" in SIP circles (with SIP people) will only
confuse them and make you seem ignorant.

  When discussing SIP signaling a "proxy" looks very distinct.  They
basically slap on a Record-Route/Route/Via header and forward the
message.  FreeSWITCH builds a completely new and separate call leg
with rewritten headers for each call leaving the system.  This makes
it a B2BUA.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org