[Freeswitch-users] Callback with bypass media

Vitalii Colosov vetali100 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:27:07 PDT 2010

Hi,
Could you please advice if this callback scenario can be achieved?

    Freeswitch calls one number via external provider.
    After it answered, it gets the digits and dials another number via
external provider.
    After second phone is answered, it bridge both sessions.

    Is it possible that from this moment media will flow directly from one
sip phone to another, bypassing freeswitch?
    And if yes, which command (in Lua preferably)?

I tried to use the following code after getting the digits from first phone:

calling_session:setVariable("bypass_media", "true");
called_session = freeswitch.Session(some_called_string, calling_session);

But as per log, the INVITE to the second phone contains FreeSWITCH's IP
address in SDP section, and not first phone's IP address.
Looks like bypass_media is not working as I would expect in this case.

Thanks,
Vitalie