[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch in an existing phone network

Oliver Schenk oliver.schenk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 10 05:48:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's reply. Great help. I have a basic IVR going when I
dial a given extension.

I have managed to clean out most of FreeSWITCH config and I've even
written a little javascript file to which my call gets redirected to and
it just says a small phrase using flite. I'm looking at buying more
professional TTS voices such as Cebstral or Ivona. I'm hosting my
freeswitch server in a Virtual Box instance running on Ubuntu Server
10.04. I do my testing from X-Lite running on the host computer.

Anyway, that said, I think we will have to stick with Windows because:
1) Our existing railway SCADA server will be windows based.
2) The SCADA libraries are .NET based.
3) I don't want to have separate hardware just to run linux.
4) Our company isn't too good at supporting linux.

My problem now is to try to somehow trigger freeswitch to make an
outgoing call on demand...

The flow of my logic is:

1) A critical alarm occurs on our SCADA system.
2) FreeSWITCH should be triggered to make an outgoing call.
3) Use a pre-recorded WAV or use TTS to tell the callee what the alarm is.

The problem:

I don't know how to "tell" freeswitch that it needs to make a call and
maybe even pass some parameters. Given I have C# and SQL at my disposal,
what should I use? A freeswitch javascript program that runs in an
infinite loop and constantly scans for new alarms in a database? In the
registry? In a folder using files? Using a http request? command line?

In other words, how do I trigger a freeswitch javascript program externally?

(By the way I tried to use the "managed" module that comes with
freeswitch, but it just throws exceptions left right and center
TypeInitializationException)...

Anyone have some experience?

Thanks,

Oliver Schenk