[Freeswitch-users] uuid_media hangs

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Thu Jun 10 02:34:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

It's not a hijacked thread, I created this with an issue around uuid_media,
initially it was hanging, then in the latest git it receives a 4xx from the
far end due to the Requires: timer support bot being supported in the
reinvite transaction. I did anecdotally mention problems with events, which
I subsequently pulled off to another thread.

I was looking at RFC 4028, in the examples it shows the refresh event not
providing the Required: timer header even for the refresh of the original
invite transaction, just the Supported: timer. There's nothing in RFC 3725
regarding sesison timers in 3PCC but as the reinvite for the media
adjustment is a new transaction, I don't think it needs the Requires: timer
option to persist the timer support on the original dialogue. This is
certainly the behaviour of the previous equipment I had on this interconnect
and it operates using session timers and 3PCC in several other environments
too.

I'm not brilliant with C, but if you could please point me to the right
approach to removing the Requires: timer field in the header I'd be happy to
test it and let you know if it causes any problems with rienvites across
various carriers and other platforms.

Cheers,

Neil.