[Freeswitch-users] Proxy Media for IVR bridged calls

Rogelio Perez rogelio.perez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 23:32:54 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have configured my internal profile to proxy all media, so I can use the g.729 codec for calls between extensions, even when they are behind NAT.
Now I have a DID pointing to my FS instance, which triggers a standard IVR with a greeting message and a directory.
Then someone calls the IVR and dial any extension, and when the call is answered it fails with error: error mod_g729.c:102 This codec is only usable in passthrough mode!
I believe that the IVR bridge is not using proxy media, and that's why the call fails.

My question is: how do I force proxy media for IVR bridged calls?

Thanks!
Rogelio