[Freeswitch-users] Skypopen problem

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Mon Jun 7 07:21:59 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM, bakko <asannucci at gmail.com> wrote:
> after the reboot the problem still lives :)
>
> my dmesg:
>
> snd: version magic '2.6.18.8-linode22 SMP mod_unload Xen PENTIUM4 REGPARM
> gcc-4.1' should be '2.6.18.8-linode22 SMP mod_unload Xen PENTIUM4 REGPARM
> gcc-4.3'
> snd: no version magic, tainting kernel.
> snd: Unknown symbol unregister_sound_special
> snd: Unknown symbol register_sound_special_device
> snd: Unknown symbol sound_class
> snd: no version magic, tainting kernel.
> snd: Unknown symbol unregister_sound_special
> snd: Unknown symbol register_sound_special_device
> snd: Unknown symbol sound_class
> snd: no version magic, tainting kernel.
> snd: Unknown symbol unregister_sound_special
> snd: Unknown symbol register_sound_special_device
> snd: Unknown symbol sound_class

Ciao Andrea,

maybe is because you're not linking with the correct header files for
your kernel? Are you sure you installed the kernel-headers of the
kernel you got from linode?

Also, if you have the correct kernel headers, could you ask in the
linode forum how is the correct procedure to compile alsa (or any
other module) for that kernel, and report here? (so I can add it to
the wiki page).

Sorry of not been of more help,

a presto,

-giovanni