[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch kills my home voip phone

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Mon Jun 7 06:56:03 PDT 2010

Try starting with -nonat to see if this solves your problem.  My guess is
that FS is setting up your router to forward anything for port 5060 to
itself which causes your hard phone to no longer get external connections.

If that works, change the port for the internal profile to a port other than
5060.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Oliver Schenk <oliver.schenk at iinet.net.au>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a total freeswitch noob at the moment.
>
> I was playing at home with FreeSwitch on Windows compiled from source. I
> have a router at home that registers with my ISP's voip SIP server. My
> hard phone is connected to that router to make calls.
>
> Whenever I have FreeSwitch running on my PC (which is on the same LAN as
> the router) I lose my VOIP connection to the ISP and I can't re-register
> until I reboot my internet connection. This happens straight out of the
> box. Why is this happening? Also while freeswitch is running I can't
> seem to make any calls ... is Freeswitch hijacking my connection?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oliver

-Rupa