[Freeswitch-users] speech recognition?

Myron Curtis darkeagle6 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 13:19:48 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am developing a virtual world called Virtual Worlds Grid, and I am using
FreeSwitch to provide voice. I would like to integrate it with a speech
recognition engine like Simon, in order to have everything said in voice to
be typed into text. This is one way to make the grid accessible for people
who cannot use voice, and it also allows language translation software like
Open Bablefish, to translate voice conversations from the resulting text
files, which would facilitate multilingual conversations.

I am new to the FreeSwitch system, and need some guidance on how to set this
up.

I would appreciate any tips, cautions, or links to practical help I can get.

If this will work in a virtual world, there is no reason it cannot be made
to work on cell phones.

Thanks,

Myron Curtis