[Freeswitch-users] Two PBXes under one public IP address

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Thu Jul 29 06:44:35 PDT 2010

Yes, you can have multiple systems behind NAT, as long as you set everything up right.

The only potential caveat (may be not, depending on your setup), is the number of public IP
addresses.  If you only have one public IP address, and everyone outside is wanting to communicate
on port 5060, you can only point that to one of the inside systems.  You could however send 5060 to
one box, and 5070 to a different box.  If you have extra public IP addresses, then this isn't a
problem.  Freeswitch can bind to specific addresses and ports, but you can also tell it which IP
address and port to use when generating SIP messages, so that the outside peers can send the message
back again, and direct media to the correct place.

-Tim