[Freeswitch-users] Keep alive for SIP trunk between Asterisk and Freeswitch

Daniel Neubert daniel.neubert at solomo.de
Wed Jul 28 00:25:15 PDT 2010

Hi,

we've set  up a SIP trunk between Asterisk (used as MediaGateway to
SS7-Network for PSTN access) and Freeswitch.

Everything works fine except one "little" issue: If there have been no
calls using the SIP trunk it becomes unuseable from Freeswitch side.

PSTN <- SS7/ISUP -> Asterisk <- SIP Trunk -> Freeswitch <- SIP/RTP ->
VoIP Clients

If a user tries to originate the call that is routed to one of our
MediaGateways while SIP trunk is "stale", the call will fail. The trunk
can be made available again by calling in via PSTN -> Asterisk -> SIP-Trunk

This is our gateway configuration (tried using low values for
expire-seconds, ping and retry-seconds to keep the connection up:

<gateway name="voip-int-test">
<param name="username" value="voip-ext-test"/>
<param name="password" value="freeswitch"/>
<param name="proxy" value="172.31.45.43"/>
<param name="register" value="false"/>
<param name="expire-seconds" value="15"/>
<param name="ping" value="5"/>
<param name="retry-seconds" value="5"/>
<param name="context" value="default"/>
<param name="apply-inbound-acl" value="voip-int-test"/>
<param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true"/>
</gateway>

--

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Daniel