[Freeswitch-users] Setting up mod_lcr

Randall Degges rdegges at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:14:33 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I've now got freeswitch installed and running (thanks to everyone who helped
out with my previous email question), and now I'm working on configuring
mod_lcr, for least cost routing.

I've got the module compiled into freeswitch successfully, the problem I'm
having is trying to configure the lcr.conf.xml file correctly.

I've created a MySQL database on localhost (for simplicity purposes), and
created a database called freeswitch, as well as a user 'freeswitch' with a
password 'freeswitch' who has access to that database.

DB: freeswitch
User: freeswitch
Pass: freeswitch

In the <settings> xml section, the paramater value looks like:

<param name="odbc-dsn" value="freeswitch-mysql:freeswitch:Fr33Sw1tch"/>

Which, according to the documentation (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_lcr#Installing), is the only thing I
need to edit to get LCR to connect to my database, and prepare for using it.
However, this value line doesn't contain any sort of IP address to the MySQL
db, or database name. It looks like it only has options for a username and
password.

What do I need to do to correctly specify my database values for mod_lcr to
use?

Thanks!

-Randall