[Freeswitch-users] 100 parallel calls not possible (Performance problems)

Durmuş Ali Öztürk ali.stgt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:30:14 PDT 2010

Hello,

we have a FreeSWITCH instance running on a IBM XSeries 32 bit server machine
with a Windows 2003 operating system (RAM 6 GB). Our business logic is
written in C# and integrated as a DLL module. Our module is originating the
call via Native.Api DLL.
With this solution we could make up to 30 parallel calls without any
problems (calling a number, playing a wav file, hang up).

If we increase the parallel call count to 100, we have problems with the
sound (choppy) and the originate command returns with NO_ANSWER in many
cases, but the callee has successfully answered (we have got many feedbacks,
why we are calling but not speaking).

In some documents and maillist postings we readed out, that freeswitch can
handle more than 1000 sessions. Are this numbers only for linux machines?

What are the limits of parallel calls with a Windows server and how we could
increase the performance?

Which environment is recommend for use FreeSWITCH with bulk calls?

Does the .NET environment is blocking freeswitch while working?

Best regards
Ali