[Freeswitch-users] media gateway

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 10:48:06 PDT 2010

Specifically, look at mod_com_g729 or Sangoma cards for g729 transcoding
support.

You can then set your profile to allow G711 on incoming calls and specify
G729 on outgoing calls either on the profile or using the
absolute_codec_string variable. FS will then convert between the two for
you.

Free versions of g729 are not available unfortunately, for patent licensing
reasons.

-Steve