[Freeswitch-users] How to handle inbound calls?

ovvenkat ovvenkatesan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:20:33 PDT 2010

Hi David,

I have added below rules to public.xml file

     <extension name="Voicepulse">
          <condition field="destination_number" expression="xxxxyyyxx">  //
xxxyyyxx -- > my PRI number
          <action application="transfer" data="1000 XML default"/>
          </condition>
      </extension>

After adding this rules, when I am trying to call from mobile to freeSwitch,
its says that, number is busy.

Regards,
Venkat.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM, David Ponzone <david.ponzone at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can you define what you call inbound/outbound ?
>
> In FS terminology, any bridged call (coming from PSTN or going to PSTN) has
> 2 components called legs: one inbound and one outbound.
> So if a call comes in from PSTN, it is an inbound leg, but then, when FS
> calls the internal phone, that is an outbound leg.
>
> Now, I guess you meant you don't know how to deal with incoming calls.
>
> Well, it depends where they are going.
> Incoming calls usually come from a gateway.
> And a gateway is configured on a SIP Profile.
> And a SIP Profile has a default context.
> So if your gataway is configured on external, the default context will be
> public.
> So you should add in public.xml the required rules to route the call.
>
> David Ponzone  Direction Technique
> email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
> tel:      01 74 03 18 97
> gsm:   06 66 98 76 34
>
> Service Client IPeva
> tel:      0811 46 26 26
> www.ipeva.fr  -   www.ipeva-studio.com
>
> *Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à
> l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion
> non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible
> d'altération. **IPeva** décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce
> message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas
> destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et d'avertir
> l'expéditeur.*
> *
> *
>

> Le 21/07/2010 à 15:04, ovvenkat a écrit :
>
> Hi to all,
>
> I can successfully handle outbound calls. Can you any one tell me, how to
> handle inbound calls?
>

> Regards
> Venkatesan OV.

If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time.
If you have come to because your liberation is bound up in mine, we can work
together.

Regards
Venkatesan OV.