[Freeswitch-users] Howler - Gone?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jul 20 17:50:18 PDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 08:42 AM, Moises Silva wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org
> <mailto:steveu at coppice.org>> wrote:
>
>     Someone may be able to give you a copy of the drivers, but won't you
>     need access to Howler's licencing server to enable your licences?
>

> At least with Sangoma transcoding card you don't need any servers to
> enable licensing (and you have a bunch of codecs, not just G729).

You have a custom card at Sangoma, so I guess you have more fine grained
control with the card itself. Howler just used commercial Cell based
cards from Leadtek, and had to live with their strengths and weaknesses.
Since they sold the licences separate from the card, so you could buy a
card with just a few licences for a sensible price, I think they tied
down the licences in the same way they did for codecs running on the
server's CPU. Perhaps an actual Howler user could chime in here with
more info.

Steve