[Freeswitch-users] ESL: api command

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jul 20 17:09:16 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Helmut Kuper <helmut.kuper at ewetel.de>wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have an inbound ESL script which has subscribed to several events. So
> there is more or less a continuing stream of events.
>
> When it sends a blocking api command to FS is it there a risk to get
> back an event first before FS sends the command reply or does FS
> guarantee that the command reply is always next after issuing a api
> command?

If your script establishes the socket connection to FS and issues an api
command (not a bgapi) then yes, it will block and wait for the response
before anything else comes through. (BTW, Darren covers this quite nicely in
chapter 9 of the new FS book so be sure to pick up a copy when it comes out
in a few weeks. :)
-MC