[Freeswitch-users] DIsplay Name issue

mike.burlingame mike.burlingame at me.com
Mon Jul 19 10:17:42 PDT 2010

Hello,

I need some help with the display name in FS here is my issue.

Currently with FS if the A-LEG call invite is in the following format

From: <sip:82617268 at IPADDRESS>;tag=15074010004646399782

FS then will convert this to

From: "82617268" <sip:82617268 at IPADDRESS>;tag=82DmgpptX99ym

What I need to be able to get FS to do is on invites that the display-name is blank that the output is also blank so no "" or no "NUMBER" based on the SIP RFC section 8.1.1.3 it states that the following methods are valid