[Freeswitch-users] enforcing RTP payload numbers for codecs

Tzury Bar Yochay tzury.by at reguluslabs.com
Thu Jul 8 07:28:16 PDT 2010

Brian and Anthony,
Dears,

I am afraid it is a bug in teh FS
See, if during SDP the client declare on payload 98 and fs declare on 99.
Then client expect receiving 99 while sending 98. That is fine.
However, when both clients are the same (as in our case) since FS is not
trans-coding
clients receives 98 in
given that same sip client cannot work with previous versions of FS
where there Speex was 98 (and 97 in older)

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, you can't force codecs in the dynamic range and if properly
> implemented, it won't matter what number either side chooses.
>
> On Jul 8, 2010 8:34 AM, "Tzury Bar Yochay" <tzury.by at reguluslabs.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just download the latest, build and brought up all is fine.
> However, our clients are connected via IP over GPRS(UMTS) and thus we
> are using Speex codec.
>
> Is there a way I can enforce speex to have 97 or 98 instead of 99?
> Currently as it looks in the vars.xml speex is 99.
> see dump (taken from default vars.xml)
>
> thanks
> Tzury
>       RTP Dynamic Payload Numbers currently used in FreeSWITCH and what
> for.
>
>       96  - AMR
>       97  - iLBC (30)
>       98  - iLBC (20)