[Freeswitch-users] enforcing RTP payload numbers for codecs

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 8 07:04:25 PDT 2010

Ok here is what I have to rant about...  the thing is called an RTP map because it maps numbers to names in the SDP.  INVITE inbound says 99/speex the 200OK outbound says 98/speex, so you are to send to 98 but receive on 99 for the codec speex... the issue here is NOTHING BLOODY DOES THIS RIGHT.

How about we start opening bugs on these issues with the vendors of the products you actually paid money to.  :P

/b