[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM and Digium analog cards

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Jul 5 10:04:11 PDT 2010

>I don't understand your question. TDM refers to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-division_multiplexing
>
>T1/E1 use TDM. So what do you mean by digital variants? You make it sound like TDM cards and the digital variants you talk about are different >things.
>
>FreeTDM support analog and digital cards for both Sangoma and Digium. There is some PIKA support but it may be broken by now since few or no >people seems to use it.

Moises,
Thanks for taking the time to help. Sorry I wasn’t clear, what I meant
by referring to digital cards was E1/T1 based cards versus the analog
variants that function on the PSTN like a Digium TDM410.

Tonight I am upgrading some hardware and will recompile fs, so I wondered
if I should use this opportunity to move from OpenZAP to FreeTDM but I
really couldn’t find a definitive answer wrt to its support for these
cards, all the docs and examples explicitly refer to the digital cards.

I guess looking at http://wiki.sangoma.com/wanpipe-api-freetdm it does
show trunk_type definitions for FXO/S so I guess it does!

Thanks!
jlc