[Freeswitch-users] How to integrate FreeSWITCH in our application

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Jul 4 12:46:58 PDT 2010

There are several ways to accomplish this. I would start by reading up
on the "originate" command, which is used from the CLI or event socket
like this:

originate sofia/gateway/mygw/12223334444 &bridge(user/1001)

Of course, it's a lot more powerful than just this example. You can
originate calls from the event socket and control what happens,
including playing files and getting digits. There are simple ESL
examples in libs/esl. Do a wiki search on esl or event socket library
and you'll see more.

My last piece of advice is this: take a deep breath! This telephony
stuff can be overwhelming at first. Keep plugging away at it. Also,
join the IRC channel and listen to the weekly conf calls on Wednesdays.

Welcome to FreeSWITCH!
-MC

Sent from my iPhone