[Freeswitch-users] CPS per mod_sofia profile limited?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:40:51 PST 2010

There is a tradeoff between cps and audio quality and timing accuracy.

Try -vm -nocal if you want to mimic 1.0.4 we don't discuss performance here.

On Jan 31, 2010 8:56 AM, "Robin Vleij" <robin at swip.net> wrote:

On 1/31/10 2:57 AM, Michael Jerris wrote:

Hi Mike!

> For clarification, is it correct that your getting worse numbers for
> sustainable cps on SVN the...
Yes, 1.04 offered a lot better performance in my test scenario, using
the same call scripts. I agree that the scenario isn't really realistic,
I should test with at least 30 second calls.

> numbers you would get with bypass_media=true instead of proxy_media=true
Thought about the same, and funnily enough that didn't help. But in the
long list of things I tried I don't remember if I tried it on 1.04,
without media proxying. I expect a much higher performance just
bypassing the media. I'll try again tomorrow on 1.04 and post the results.

> and with neither setting set as well. Also, make sure your logging level
> is low and try putting...
I check disk performance using iostat and they're on 2% usage. It's a
10k rpm sas disk we're writing to, with ram cache on the raid
controller. Also -nosql didn't have any influence at all on performance.

> that length of call matters very little. In proxy media or normal mode,
> the performance of the ...
Exactly. I'll adjust the lengt of the call to 30 or 60 seconds and then
try to see how many calls we can have. That's in the end what matters
really and not cps on it's own. Have to create a 60 second pcap first. :)

> calls). Some other tips. While this extension may be trivial, what else
> is there in your dialpl...
Nothing, it's a single entry dialplan and that entry is thus on the top.

> cause a significant impact. Do you have any of the presence features
All presence features disabled.

> enabled? These do significantly impact call handling performance even if
> your sipp scenarios do...
Yep. :)

Thanks for the input so far!

Maybe after I get some final results I put it on the wiki for future
reference to load tests?

/robin