[Freeswitch-users] Replace Internal IP with External IP in From Header

Code Ghar codeghar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:38:17 PST 2010

I followed the example in Freeswitch behind NAT (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/NAT_Traversal#Freeswitch_behind_NAT). In the
Contact header of invite sent to an external gateway, I see
sip:extension at ExternalIP:port but in the From header I see
sip:extension at InternalIP. How can I change the From header of SIP message so
that it displays the external IP instead of internal IP? The reason for
doing this is that the external gateway authenticates and authorizes call
based on the IP in From header. They expect an external IP and not an
internal IP.