[Freeswitch-users] Where can I set the IP address for Freeswitch to bind to?

vfclists vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:36:42 PST 2010

I have a rather complicated but necessary IP setup.

I have a VPN running on the system, and some of the IP address a bridged
with other network devices, and Freeswitch is not quite sure which one to
bind to.

It has an IP for the local network, one for the VPN and one for the gateway,
but it appears to bind to the gateway IP or the VPN when the VPN comes up. I
want it bind to the local IP, and let the VPN do its normal stuff on the
outbound,

I edited vars.xml and set local ip but it doesn't seem to be working.

  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain=192.168.1.41"/>
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>

Is the vars.xml the right place to do it?

I take it that vars.xml is where you change stuff in the default settings?

Thanks

/vfclists