[Freeswitch-users] Distinguishing Blind REFER from application transfer

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:22:00 PST 2010

Hello,
I'm using mod_xml_curl to provide dialplan.
In my application, I need to differentiate if a call has entered the
dialplan again due to uuid_transfer or due to Blind Transfer.
I know I can recognize a Blind Transfer by checking
variable_sip_h_Referred-By and variable_sip_refer_to.
However, these variables are not cleaned up when the call reenters the
dialplan due to application transfer or uuid_transfer.

I realize I can differentiate them by adding some prefix like this:
uuid_transfer TRANSFER,DestinationNumber XML default

Or it is my responsibility to call
application set or uuid_setvar to unset the variable(s) in this case?
it seems to me the bad thing here would be to have to add lots of preventive

 <action application="set" data="sip_refer_to=" />
in my dialplan.

Before doing so I thought in ask if the REFER-related variables being
preserved upon dialplan reentry would not be a bug (well, it could be a
feature useful in some scenarios I suspect).

br,
takeshi