[Freeswitch-users] Configuration Preservation throughTrunkUpdates

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jan 21 11:20:06 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Dave Stevenson
<stevendt at primrosebank.net>wrote:

>  Brian,
>
> Following on from before, there's one item that I can't see how to do
> outside of modifying the directory\default.xml file, and that is setting up
> call groups.
>
> I thought that I'd perhaps be able to do something similar to creating user
> dial plans and create a new file in directory\default\  which would be
> loaded before the other extensions, i.e., called something like
> 00_groups.xml and have the call group created there. (My test file is shown
> below). That did not seem to work, am I on the right lines or should custom
> groups get created somewhere else ?

This leads to the bigger question of where people should put their
customizations without breaking the defaults. A good example of the issue is
with ivr.conf.xml and the corresponding phrase macros in
conf/lang/en/en.xml. In some cases it is impossible to add customizations
without modifying the default config files.

I will bring this up on tomorrow's conference call. If you want to be heard
on this topic then please join us on the call. I will get the agenda posted
ASAP.

-MC