[Freeswitch-users] mod_erlang_event: disconnects

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:59:38 PST 2010

Hi!

We have build a small and simple call center using FreeSWITCH and
mod_erlang_event. My erlang process keeps track of available agents
and routes incoming calls to them. Calls are sent to my application
via:

<action application="erlang" data="switch_event:! erlswitch at localhost" />

switch_event is a registered process, which spawns a new process for
each incoming call and returns new pid when it receives {get_pid,
UUID, Ref, From} message from FreeSWITCH.

The problem is, that pretty frequently processes which handle incoming
calls receive messages like {'EXIT', <5406.48.0>, noconnection} from
FreeSWITCH. As I understand from googling, this happens when remote C
node disconnects (and I see TCP connections from FreeSWITCH to epmd
daemon being torn down and reestablished). FreeSWITCH drops calls at
that moment.

Have anyone seen this? Is there any fix/ advice?

My system is Debian Lenny (5.0.3), 64-bit system, erlang installed
from Debian packages, no backports.

Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov at jabber.ru